DeNami Amazon Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DeNami Instagram

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, November 13, 2014

O Holy Night Card

Although Christmas is a time of festivities, joy, presents, family and friends, there is also the quietness of celebrating the Holy Day, aka, holiday. The day we designate to celebrate the birth of Christ.

Our new Nativity Silhouette is simple, but also powerful in message. The message that the simple birth of a baby came to bring salvation to all mankind.

Lisa did a fabulous job letting the simplicity speak for itself. You can change out the background color to match your style. You can also do a reverse using a resist technique. Experiment and have fun with this inspirational project.



Here is Lisa's instructions on how you can make this yourself. This is in Lisa's own words: 

Today I’m sharing a card that features two gorgeous new images for the holiday season: CL-F248 Nativity Silhouette and CL-F246 O Holy Night.

I started by cutting a 2.5” x 3.5” panel from white cardstock. I then used an ink blending tool and distress inks to create a night sky for my background. I set the panel aside to dry. While the panel was drying, I created a 5.5” x 4.25” card base from white cardstock and rounded the top right-hand corner. I stamped the CL-F246 O Holy Night sentiment with TK-VM001 VersaMark ink and embossed it in gold. It’s absolutely stunning! I then took a ruler and a VersaMark Pen, traced a line at the bottom edge of my card base, and embossed that in gold as well. Fun!

Once my night sky panel was dry, I stamped the CL-F248 Nativity Silhouette image with TK-VF082 Onyx Black Versafine ink onto the bottom of the panel and embossed it using clear embossing powder. I inked up one of the stars from I40 Moon & Stars with TK-VM001 VersaMark ink, stamped it up above the nativity scene and embossed it in gold. I adhered the finished panel to the card. As a side note: I really found myself wishing I had the E65 Star of the East image, which would have been the perfect star for this particular scene. But don’t worry, I will be ordering it soon!

I hope you like my creation for today and feel inspired to make some holiday cards and projects!

Supplies:
Distress Ink: Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves (Tim Holtz)
Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink)
Embossing Powder: Clear (American Crafts), Queen’s Gold (Ranger)
Other: VersaMarker (Tsukineko)
Tool: Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)
 
http://bellalistona.blogspot.com/
 

3 comments:

Greta said...

One of my all-time favorite cards, Lisa! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty Lisa, the colors are wonderful and I love the shimmery gold!

crazymom said...

Wow, that is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Search

Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Join DeNami InTouch

enter your email address

Blog Archive