DeNami Amazon Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DeNami Instagram

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Valentine Lollipop Treats

Hello friends,

I can't wait to share with you what Deb has been cooking up. I think she has outdone herself with cuteness!! I absolutely love how simple this is, yet totally creative and eye catching.
Today you can learn how to make this in time for Valentine's Day.

This project would be perfect for party favors for a kid's party, bridal shower, celebration, or even game day. Just change out the colors and stamps to create the theme you need.

You can even do this and tuck a Dove chocolate instead of the lollipop. Just don't make the hole for the stick. If you don't want to do candy, you can easily tuck in a mini post it note pad! How cute would that be!

Here's Deb's step by step tutorial. Give her some love by leaving a comment. Us bloggers LOVE comments.
Here's what Deb writes:

Hello DeNami friends! It’s Deb here today sharing some fun Valentine’s Day treats using some stamps from the latest release combined with some older stamps. DeNami carries so many wonderful Valentine themed stamps that you can easily substitute the images or sentiments while making this project.

For my project, I created some adorable lollipop wrappers. First I measured my lollipops to ensure they would be completely wrapped. I used Jolly Rancher lollipops. I trimmed my cardstock to 3x 2 ¾. Since I was using DeNami cardstock I simply trimmed it in half lengthwise and then trimmed off 2 ½ inches. 


I decided that I would use my embossing folders to jazz them up a bit.  I knew the cardstock was going to be longer, but I decided that the non embossed portion would end up on the back of the wrapper anyway. Also, some of the embossing folders emboss a bit deeper if using a thinner cardstock. That is was happened with my Thin Lines wrapper so I ended up using Wire Fence  instead. 

I scored them down the middle. 


Then I marked a spot half way down so that I could hole punch the center for the lollipop stick. As it turned out, my crop-a-dile was too short! So I used my scissors to trim an opening.


I stamped my focal point using the new Sealed with a Kiss and Sweetie Skunk along with my other sentiments and images. I added some foam adhesive to attach them to the wrappers.


Then I simply slid them into the wrappers. I applied a bit of ATG to one side to make sure they didn’t slide around.

Then I used my Tim Holtz tiny attacher to close them. You could also use a regular stapler or more ATG.


I applied some ATG to my fingers, just like Nami taught me *wink* and then wrapped it around the lollipop stick.  


 I trimmed some ribbon to about 6 inches and tied a knot around the stick making sure the ribbon was attached to the stick. Then I trimmed off the excess ribbon.




This project would also work great as party favors at a baby shower or birthday party. I hope you have the chance to give this a try.
DeNami supplies used:
Magenta cardstock

http://mycraftroomcreations.blogspot.com

1 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like that you embossed the wrappers Deb, these are super cute!

Search

Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Join DeNami InTouch

enter your email address

Blog Archive