DeNami Amazon Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DeNami Instagram

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Valentine's Day Treats

Hello Friends,

Have I got a treat for you! A real treat, a Valentine's one! These are simple enough that you can whip them up and have them ready on that day. You will get all  kinds of compliments because people will marvel at how nice they are and you can just smile, knowing you can make them easily.

Lisa P will explain how to make them step by step:

Hello, DeNami friends! It’s Lisa P. and today I’m sharing some Valentine’s Day treat packages using the brand new CL-B121 Sealed With A Kiss sentiment. This sentiment is so sweet and works perfectly with the previously released (and totally adorable) CL-D174 Friendly Seal.

I’ve seen some dies on the market for making treat wrappers and this immediately got me to thinking about how I could use what I already have to make my own. Here’s what I came up with.

 
 

Step 1: Die-cut two large shapes from double-sided patterned paper. (Note: The die I used here is the second largest die in the Bubble Box Fri-Dies set from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps.)

 
 

Step 2: Score each at 3 5/8” and trim off the scallops closest to the score line (Note: You’ll end up trimming off about 3/4”.)



Step 3: Die-cut the second smallest Bubble Box from patterned paper.



Step 4: Die-cut the smallest Bubble Box from white cardstock. Stamp the sentiment and teeny heart onto this die-cut.




To Finish: Stamp Friendly Seal onto white cardstock, color him with markers and fussy cut him out. Adhere the white bubble box to the patterned paper bubble box and then adhere the seal. Adhere the two straight-edged flaps of the largest die-cuts together to create a wrap. Adhere the focal point onto the wrap. Insert a package of fruit snacks within the wrap and secure with Scor-Tape. Punch two holes in the top and tie on some baker’s twine to hold the wrap closed.

After I finished making this one, I decided to try to make another one. This time around though instead of using large die-cuts for the wrap, I used two rectangular panels of cardstock (each measuring 3 1/2” x 4 1/4”). I embossed the two panels to add some interest and then I picked up with Step 2 above. Here’s how it turned out:

 
 

And here’s a look at all of the packages together:



These little packages are so simple to create and could easily be modified for just about any occasion. I know I’ll be making more of these in the future! I hope you’ll give it a try too!

Thanks for visiting!

DeNami Design Supplies:

Other Supplies:
Ink: Cotton Candy (Simon Says Stamp), Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko)
Markers: Copic Sketch C1 and C5
Glitter Pen: Clear Wink Of Stella (Zig)
Cardstock: White and Soft Stone (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: 12” Passion Fruit Journal (BoBunny) and We Go Together 6x6 Paper Pad (Pebbles)
Dies: Bubble Box Fri-Dies (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps)
Adhesive: Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal), Mono Multi Liquid Glue (Tombow)
Tools: Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), hole punch
Other: Fruit Snacks (Yum Earth Organics)
 
 
http://bellalistona.blogspot.com
 

Search

Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Join DeNami InTouch

enter your email address

Blog Archive